Thursday, April 20, 2023

14 YEARS CLEAN AND SOBER

 NEW BRAUNFELS JUMPING BEANS

oDwn at the ZZ top concert we were standing in a pretty thick crowd, asshole to elbow. I had to throw a few elbows every now and then to help create a little space for the three of us. There was a young cowboy to my front right. I gave him a few pretty good nudges. He was pretty good natured about it and would give us a little space, smiling at me and giving me a little fist bump..

In between songs he turned to me and offered me a couple big white pills in the bottom of a cup. I looked up to him and I told him "No thank you. I've got 14 years clean and sober. No alcohol or dope at all".

He said "Dude, that's great" and withdrew the cup. Another fist bump and we smiled at each other.

I couldn't help but wonder what that was he offered me. Ecstasy? Hydrocodone? White witches? Some kind of cocaine/fentanyl/propanol/ketamine tossed salad? New Braunfels jumping beans? These were pretty big pills.

So during a break between songs I leaned over and asked him:

"What was that you tried to give me anyway?"

"Copenhagen" came his reply.


Copenhagen pouches. Shit. 

 Yeah, I do everything I can to protect my clean time but I still felt like a bit of an idiot.




No comments: