Thursday, January 05, 2017

REFLECTIONS


Sometimes people ask me how a non-religious person can believe in God. The best answer I have is that I have come to believe that a power greater than me can restore me to sanity. Can make me better, soothe me, heal me. That power takes on several different forms. If I'm open I can find it even in the different religious literature.
A crescent moon, the melting snow, the cry of a tiny baby.
I may not be able to see it, smell, touch, or taste it, but I know when it happens.
I know when its there.
How do I know?
I know by what I am reflecting.
Not my thinking.
Reflecting.  By what is shining from and through me.
What it means to me is that no matter whatever gets thrown at me, I always have the opportunity to live by the principles I have learned in my program, to demonstrate how a higher power is working in my life, and that no matter what may shine on me, I am responsible for what shines from me.

Inspired by Richard Thompson

2 comments:

dreaminginthedeepsouth said...

Nice. I hope to be made of increasingly reflective material as time goes by. Thanks.

David Kanigan said...

Very good!