Thursday, June 29, 2023

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

"There is one thing more deadly than the sirens song. Namely, their silence"

Quick little vacation in Galveston.
Janine takes her mother Jeanette to the beach. Jeanette doesn't walk very fast and is a young 71. Janine takes her by the arm to steady her the whole way. They don't go very far out and it takes quite some time to get there but you sense the joy and love and tenderness between them from 1000 yards away. I had to go meet them and they were delighted for me to take their picture.
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

They stole my heart. And it's sad that this is the best picture of them that they will never see. I should have gotten their information from them but I didn't want to be a pest. Note to self-- don't be so afraid to be a pest.

No comments: