Thursday, July 18, 2019

MINIMUM PAYMENTS ARE FOR SUCKERS

When I stopped doing the dope I had been in banking time out for a few years. I could take $30,000 to a bank to deposit, and they would say “No Mr. Bulletholes, we don’t want your money in our bank. You are too much trouble.” So I had to go 7 years without a bank account. Cashing checks at the Quick Stop. Pay as you go for everything.
Finally the 7 years was up.

Thanks to Narcotics Anonymous I had finally learned to live life on its own terms. To live within my means. To renew my drivers license before it came due. To pay my rent on time. To maintain car insurance and have proper licensing and registration.

Its a form the Seventh Tradition: "Every group (me) should be fully self supporting, declining outside contributions". That also includes things like keeping a clean house. I'm still working on that. 

I have a drawer full of credit cards now, but if I use one, its paid off within months. Paid off before they can charge me any interest.
Beacause... 
Minimum payments are for suckers.

ELEVEN YEARS CLEAN TODAY!

1 comment:

SL said...

Happy Birthday Bullets! Just in case I haven't told you in a while, I am so proud and happy for you!