Tuesday, August 15, 2023

TURNING THE WORLD AROUND

I like it when I go to Sonic Drive Thru, and the girl taking my order sounds like she is new, and she stumbles over the order a little bit (unsweet raspberry ice tea, easy ice) and when she comes out the door I can see that she is worried, tentative, maybe her last customer was mean, but she comes out the door, she's frowning and uptight, she looks up and sees me, and I give her my biggest best smile. I can see the worry melt off her face, her shoulders relax and now she is smiling too, she gets to the car and I give her my best hello and thank you, now she's half laughing happy and relieved and says your welcome and confidently skips back to the door, what a great day at work she must be thinking. Its not much, but its good to know you can have that kind of power -- to turn the world around, upside down even-- if you just pay attention to someone besides yourself.

4 comments:

AnitaNH said...

Beautiful!

Bulletholes said...

Hi Anita!

AnitaNH said...

Hi Steve! Just adopted two cats from the local animal welfare society so can't help you with your latest problem!!

Bulletholes said...

If you need some barn cats hit me up!