Monday, July 25, 2011

CAN'T BE CAREFUL ON A SKATEBOARD DAWG

I CELEBRATED 3 YEARS CLEAN AND SOBER LAST MONDAY, JULY 18!


I was at the mall last week. There was this kid bangin' on a skateboard, doing all those tricks they do, you know, flying breakneck down 20 concrete steps, sliding down handrails, full tilt boogie off a 10 ft. ledge, skronking into the void of stone and light. This little old lady passed by him and says in her little old lady voice:
"You better be careful there Sonny Boy!"
He looks at her through his hoodie and says matter-of-factly "You can't be careful on a skateboard, Dawg" and *swoosh* off he dives into thin air.
This kid was completely indifferent and intolerant of the Laws of Gravity and oblivious to the Forces of Physics. It was like he was made of rubber.
But he was 100% right!
I spent many years indifferent and intolerant to the fact that it was the dope that made my life this weird series of disasters; forclosures, bankruptcy, divorce, dereliction and living beyond the pale of any priciples whatsoever outside of where can i get some shit; oblivious to my own misery and thought I was using successfully.
I thought I was being careful!
I thought I'd never get caught!
I thought I'd live forever!
That kid was way ahead of me.
"You can't be careful on a skateboard, Dawg"




4 comments:

Kim said...

I like this very much Mr BH

David Kanigan said...

Love this!

Kiki said...

Brilliant - and soooooo true. (Following your comment on DK's site)
As a doggie lover - and especially so a lover of dachsies - this photo had me in stitches.... double winner!

Bulletholes said...

Hi Kiki! There are actually a few good pics of Dachsunds on skateboards in hoodies. Who knew?