Sunday, March 21, 2021

HOME REPAIRS


I moved into my new house a few days ago. It needs a little TLC. And curtains. I woke up last night at 3am, thinking about the damn closet light that wont come on. It would be nice to have a closet light. I went in the kitchen, bare beamed and buck naked, got a butter knife, took the cover off the closet light switch, crossed the terminals with the butter knife and the light came on! Top wire was a little loose. Project complete!

Tonight I plan to tackle the doorbell. If anyone wants to stop by, or wants to learn about how a doorbell works, the show starts at Midnight.

4 comments:

Vector said...

I would have been happy to watch you fix the switch with a butter knife. The potential for good entertainment was there; I'll pass on the doorbell troubleshooting as low voltage lines are void of the possibility of sparks and screams.

Bulletholes said...

When I was a kid I stuck my finger in a light bulb socket. It produced a weird buzzing sensation on my finger. I did it several times. I'm not sure how I got away with it.

Vector said...

You would have paid a greater price if your body would have provided a better ground. That way the 120v could have traveled through your body to that ground. Chances are you were on a wooden floor (?) or had rubber soled shoes on. If you had been outside in your bare feet or had your other hand on a metal sink that story probably would have had a different ending.

Bulletholes said...

Yes, I think I was on a wooden 2nd story floor.
Replaced a fan on an outside unit of my AC one time. Turned the breaker off, went outside and strted to work and discovered the hard way there were TWO breakers for the AC. Lucky I had shoes on. It bit me pretty good.