Friday, July 28, 2023

H&I SUBCOMITTEE REPORT FOR JANUARY, 2010

 The January H&I Meeting was held January 17th at 1:30 pm. This coincided quite awkwardly with the Cowboys kick-off time of 12 noon for the divisional playoff game, so on Friday I sent an Email to the H&I Secretary that read:

“It is quite likely that I will be experiencing car trouble on the way to the meeting Sunday and might be late, if “car trouble” means “the Cowboy Game” and “might be late” means “don’t hold your breath”.

 

So here are the Top Ten reasons that I should have gone to the H&I Meeting on Sunday, instead of watching the Cowboys: 

 

 

Top Ten reasons that I should have gone to the H&I Meeting:

10) It would have been the “next right thing to do”.

 9) Shawn G. was there with his report from Springwood. He can no longer be considered “Gone Rogue”. It had been so long, no one knew him.

 8) The new “Guidelines for H&I Service” were accepted and voted in.

 7) Lynn J at the Avalon Correctional Facility is in need of a Co-chair, and Cleve needs a Co-Chair at McFadden Ranch

 6)  Concept #4 :”Effective leadership is highly valued in Narcotics Anonymous. Leadership qualities should be carefully considered when selecting trusted servants.” So, here I am.

 5) Concept 6. “Group conscience is the spiritual means by which we invite a loving God to influence our decisions.” The Cowboys and I  could have used some of that.

 4)  “What do you do with 5 Gallons of leftover Rotel , a dozen helium filled Cowboy balloons, and plane tickets to New Orleans for the Super Bowl… Make Lemonade?

 3) “Working in service is one of the most satisfying things about recovery.”

 2) Minnesota 35, Dallas 3

 And the #1 reason I should have gone to the H&I Meeting…

1) The indelible image burned into my brain of Kat B dry-humping a horrified Mike M (he is gay). in front of the TV on Angela’s Living Room Floor.

 And that is my report.

 bulletholes

No comments: