Wednesday, May 27, 2020

TUESDAY MORNING


I bought the cutest little lamp at Tuesday Morning 7 years ago. My first lamp I ever bought. Susan helped me carry it in. She dropped it at the doorstep. It shattered into a million pieces. I still tease her about it to this day every chance I get. I know, I'm horrible.
Its like I love Susan even more for it.
The lamp had a fabric shade with a lavender floral design in it that was invisible until you turned the light on. I kept it in the closet for a while hoping to get another lamp to put it on. I was in the closet one day rearranging stuff and the shade fell off the shelf and an avalanche of boxes came down and crushed it. Some things just aren’t to be.

3 comments:

Minnesotastan said...

I was browsing your blog this evening and wondered if you are happy with - or frustrated by - the way text sometimes gets highlighted with white background.

I also have a blogspot blog and have noticed this happening ever since they revised to the "new" updated version. For me, the white-backed text seems to appear whenever I copy/paste text from elsewhere.

And I found a way to work around it. Instead of pasting with Command-V (on my Mac), I can do what apparently is called "destination formatting" and paste using Shift-Option-Command-V. Then the text shows up as normal (as in the bottom paragraph here).

I'm not making a judgement call as to which text format is better or worse, just offering a technique that might be useful to you if you don't already know about it.

Bulletholes said...

Yes that's a bit aggravating. What I usually do is after pasting remove the formatting. The problem with that is sometimes when I remove the formatting the spacing goes all wonky! It's usually a comment I may have left on Facebook that does the Highlight thing.
I'll have to try your solution. I don't get a lot of visitors or I might pay more attention to it. I get lazy sometimes and just don't care!
Thanks for stopping by

Minnesotastan said...

I do understand about the spacing going crazy. For some reason that I don't understand, nowadays when I want to indent a couple paragraphs by clicking on the quotation mark ("), the spacing between the paragraphs disappears and I have to go through and click return, which always generates a double-space that I then have to change to one space. I suppose there's a reason, but since I don't know how to write in code, I have no other choice.

Best wishes for a safe summer.

Stan

p.s. - go ahead and delete my comments from this post now.