Thursday, January 30, 2020

THE LAND YACHT

I had a 72 Olds 98 Regency. Drove it without brakes for a while. Finally one morning at Precinct Line and Trinity there was a red light I wasnt going to make. I had a chioice between running it into traffic at the light, into the creek on the side of the road, or into the light pole. I picked the light pole. It was a pretty good choice I guess, ecxcept the light opole came down on top of the car, and the traffic light, which was strung across the intersection, it crashed down in the middle of the intersection. Luckily it didnt land on anyone.
The whole scene seemed a bit comical to me, what with the light in the intersection, and the pole on my car, and I was laughing a little when I got out and leaned against the car.
Thats when I noticed all the electrical wires, which sobered me up pretty quick.

No comments: