Wednesday, August 14, 2019

MEDITATION

About 20 years ago I started losing some teeth. All in the back, so I kept my good looks, mostly. They would hurt like hell a couple times in a six month span, then just fall out. I guess about 6 or 8 teeth were lost. I learned that if I laid there and moaned, loud and long, it provided some relief. I didn’t know how, but it seemed to help.
Nowadays I wake up sometimes with a sour stomach. The same thing works. I moan and groan, loud and long. The more pitiful I sound the better it works.
After about 5 or six big long moans, the discomfort is pretty well gone.
Anyway, we were talking about meditation at my NA group last week. A guy was talking about breathing while he meditates. And I realized that the way all my moaning and groaning works is because of the way it regulates my breathing!
I think there is probably more to meditation than just moaning and groaning, but it’s a start.

No comments: