Friday, December 20, 2019

WE DO RECOVER

Oh yes, The Nostalgia of moving day. I ran across old pictures, an electric bill from 2007, The cool Rock I found at Toledo Bend lake in 1969, the rear view mirror off my 84 Toyota van, a greeting card with a Guy Clark lyric from Tim Burns, my sister's Bedford Junior High yearbook from 1970, a 1983 phone book for HEB, a single dried red rose (I can't remember its origin, but I've saved it, tenderly, and I'm sure it will come to me one day), my dad's four sets of cufflinks, half of a snickerdoodle cookie, the letter from my mother to my aunt describing how I stood in the corner for 5 hours before apologizing to my mother for having spit in her face, and this, pictured, my first payment towards probation. I should have it framed.
We do recover.

No comments: