Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Artifacts

 My mom's been dead 37 years, dad 36. A few weeks ago I was passing by the junk shelf in the kitchen. Mind you, I moved into this house 3 years ago. On the junk shelf was a Watson's department store gift certificate for $50 that expired 3 months before my mother died. How that could have time traveled and wound up on my junk shelf in a house I've only lived in for 3 years I do not know. The trash can was right there. Keep it? Throw it away?

I took it and put it in my top desk drawer in my room. I'll stumble across it again in 5 years or else my kids will find it when they're sorting through my stuff after I'm gone. Throw it away? How could I.

4 comments:

Vector said...

Welcome back. I hope you are doing well, I've missed your blog activity.

AnitaNH said...

My mother died in 1996 also. Glad you kept it, Steve!

AnitaNH said...

My mother died in 1996 also. Glad you kept it, Steve!

Bulletholes said...

i have neglected bulletholes for a while now. I'm going to try to pst more. Good to see both of y'all!