Monday, April 03, 2023

A LITTLE PRICK

 I had a CAT scan done last week to make sure no cancer is trying to come back from my kidney removal last year.

They had to put in an Intravenous tube, which requires a needle. I don’t like it. Don’t like it one bit. I have to look away and I always gasp, even if all I feel is a little teeny tiny prick. 

The girl that put the IV, she was good, but noted the gasp and asked "Are you okay?"

I let out a sigh. “Yes, I’m fine but I really HATE these things. Very invasive” in my best Daffy Duck voice.

And we laughed.

She says "Well it's over now. Everything's okay"

“NO, No, no, it is not not not okay. Not OK at all. There is a tube hanging out of my arm that IS NOT supposed to be there.”

She said "Well the needle is out"

I laughed. “Don't try to sugar coat this for me!”

We both laughed. She was real nice and played along with my grouchy old man routine.

It got even better. She took me to the dressing room and turned on the light. Only one of the four lights was working. It was dark, like the back table down at The Pussycat Lounge. She says “I know it's a little dark in here but the light really is on.”

“You keep telling me things that are only half true” I whined.

And we laughed.


No comments: