Monday, April 08, 2024

LET ME

There was an old Motts store next door to the Gibson's Department Store for a while. They had 45 records. I bought "Incense and Peppermints" and the pretty older girl behind the counter told me it was a "good choice" and I thought she might want me, like a lover, even though I was only 12 and she had to be at least 16, and every time I went back and bought another .45 I hoped she would be there, and maybe she would want to be my girl, based on my wonderful musical tastes, but she was never there until one day there she was, and I spent a long time looking for just the right records, and ended up with "Snoopy vs The Red Baron" by The Royal Guardsmen which she didn't have a word to say about that one and I was heartbroke.

Thinking back I should have gone with "Let Me" by Paul Revere and the Raiders.

No comments: