or THE LAW OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
Once upon a time , I was a good little church boy. They gave me a book to read. It was about a kid up in New York, a bad kid, who joined a gang, got into street fights ( they called them "rumbles"), carried a switchblade knife, banged chicks, made zip guns out of car antennas, smoked pot and shot heroin.
He had been saved by the Lord and started a ministry and wrote a book of his own "Run, Nicki, Run!".
So they gave me this book to read in hopes that I would never do any of that stuff, and keep on sbeing a good little church kid. I liked it so well I also read Nicky's book.
But what it really did was the opposite. I'd never really thought about it before, but after reading these book I wanted to rumble. I wanted to carry a switchblade, make a zip gun; I wanted to bang chicks, smoke pot and steal a car. I hoped to keep away from the heroin.
Monday, August 24, 2026
BOOKS THAT OUGHT TO BE BANNED
Posted by
Bulletholes
at
8:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment