Saturday, April 04, 2020

BULLETHOLES STAYS HOME





I bought a piece of art for my house. It needs to be framed, and I have a friend that works at Hobby Lobby. She does frames! I've had it for two weeks, but I thought Hobby Lobby was closed for this COVID 19 crisis until I saw the news yesterday. Hobby Lobby has stayed open, deeming itself "essential".
I sent her a text and yes she was working.
I wanted to take my art and get it framed so I can hang it up. And then I caught myself.
Having Millet's "The Gleaners" framed and on my wall is important to me, I can't wait to put it up, but its hardly essential.
The last ten years I've finally learned to play by the rules. I lived most of my life irresponsible, and in complete disregard for the rules.
"Rules" I said "are for suckers"
Thanks to NA and sober living I've learned to play by the rules. To live life on its own terms. Thats how I came to be able to buy this house.

My work is basically paying me to stay home 2 days a week. They are paying me to stay home, shelter in place, stay healthy. I'm really proud I didnt take a self serving self centered non essential trip to Hobby Lobby. Stay home Bulletholes. You could go to Hobby Lobby and come home dead.

No comments: