Thursday, April 30, 2020

HOT AUGUST NIGHT



The last round of my ten favorite albums, Part Two.
I hate to admit it but I love Neil Diamond. Some albums will get you laid, Breads “Baby I’ma Want You” and that’s reason enough to like Bread.
No one would ever accuse Neil Diamond of doing an album that would get you laid.
But I gotta tell you “Hot August Night” is so easy to listen to.
And I had a friend when I was a good little church boy named James Packard who did a rousing rendition of “Brother Loves Travelling Salvation Show”.
He did it so good that it might have gotten HIM laid a time or two, and I’m not sure if its OK to say that here or not, but there it is.
Me? That last side with “Holly Holy”, “I Am I said” and “Soolaiman” really does it for me.
Do you want to know how dumb I am?
When I was in the 6th Grade there was a kid at school named Mike Wright. He was like the Burt Reynolds of the sixth grade with a full beard and everything.
“I Am I Said” was a big hit, they played it every hour on the radio.
When It got to the chorus:
“I am I cried
I am said I”
I thought they were talking about Mike Wright.
“I am I cried”…get it?

No comments: