Thursday, August 01, 2013

248 WITH MY SHOES ON

Another good Dr. visit.
I lost another 2 pounds, and broke 250 for the first time since sometime in 2008. For the first time since I got the diabetes, for the first time since I had wild weight fluctuations from being on the “Jenny Crank” diet.
I've lost almost 30 pounds since April.

FYI, if you find yourself suddenly extremely thirsty and peeing all the time for a week or two, this is a warning sign of diabetes. If you are drinking 2 gallons of tea a day and still thirsty, and suddenly your vision goes blurry while you are peeing (because you are peeing all the time), well my friend, you are having diabetes.
One day while I was drinking and peeing, not knowing I had diabetes, I wrote this little song to the tune of Steppenwolfs “The Pusher”.
Seems almost prophetic now.
I sent it to Buddy Whittington a long time ago to see if he might want to use it, but he turned me down. Damn.

THE BAKERMAN
You know I smoked a lotta’ Perch,
Oh Lord
You know I mopped a lotta’ spills
But I never Poached nuthin’, noooooo,
That would have been better Grilled
You know I seen a lotta’ people walkin’ round
With Pate’ a Choux in their eyes
But the Baker don’t care, if they live or if they die

Got dang, mmm, the Baker
Got dang, hey hey, the Baker
I said got dang, got dang, the Bakerman

You know the Pastry Chef is a man
With the Love Dough in his hand
He’s got Eclairs an' Tarts an' Pastries
Good God, he’s not a Protein man
Aww, The Baker for a nickel Lord,
will sell you lots of Sweet Creams
You’ll get the Body Fat
And the Dia-bee-tees
There'll be little sprinkles and Confection Sugar
When you Sneeeeeeze

I said, Got dang, the Bakerman...

Well now if I were the Manager of this Hotel
You know I’d report the Bakerman
Immediately to “Personnel”
I’d toast him if he stands and
I’d truss him if he runs
I’d kill him with my Butchers mallet,
I'd Saute’ him till he’s done…

I said Got Dang, the Bakerman...

1 comment:

SL said...

Sprinkles and confectioners sugar when you sneeze....funny Bullets! Congrats!!