Tuesday, December 22, 2009

CHRISTMAS ORANGES


I gotta get me some Christmas Spirit.
The Secretary brought me a basket of fruit. It had these little Oranges in it that she grew herself and wanted me to try. She was very proud of them, these little Oranges.
She said 'They are a little bit tart maybe".
I bit into one and made a bitter beer face and said "WHEW! They could make Listerine out of these!"
She laughed and said "You are a Chef; they must be good for something?"
You know what I said?
"Yeah, they are good for freshening up the garbage disposal!"

You should have seen her face. That hurt her feelings and now I'll be all week trying to make up for it.
I can be a real idiot sometimes.

3 comments:

Lily said...

You see those oranges, they're me, they are. Miserable little buggers. Ack ack ack.

Barbara said...

These sad little guys look like the fruits and vegetables in "How Are You Peeling", an adorable children's book about emotions.

Anonymous said...

Hey she wanted your opinion. Merry Xmas to you buddy! Take care during the holidays.