Saturday, April 27, 2013

FOOD WITH GOOD TASTE

Back when I lived at Findhorn, the Scottish Spiritual Commune and classic New Age eco-center, where even the metal utensils were considered “beings” deserving of basic rights without regard the the accident of their manufacture,  and the holes in the colander were windows to the soul, poultry and livestock were well aware of their role in the cosmic scheme of things. Calf and Chick alike read the classics, listened to Opera, learned to tap dance. The television practically stayed on PBS.
Because at Findhorn, we didn’t just want food that tasted good, we wanted food with good taste.






1 comment:

soubriquet said...

I've been there, to visit. They build some great eco-houses, but I'm afraid I can't take the knitted tofu approach to life.

Though I'd quite like to live in a whisky-barrel house.