Wednesday, February 26, 2020

ROAD RAGE

I was pulling out of the convenience store parking lot last night. There is a MacDonalds attached to it, and as I swung around a car came bolting out of the drive through. I nearly hit them. I pulled up to exit the parking lot, and I heard an engine race, a horn honk and someone shouting. They had pulled up beside me, and the passenger of the car had his window rolled down. He was shouting at me. Against better judgement and the possibility of getting shot in the face I rolled my window down.

“YOU NEED TO WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!” he shouted at me. I figure he was about 24, with just a moderate amount of acne and a pubic looking beard.
“Yes, you are right. I didn’t see you. It was my mistake” I replied, and gave him my best grin.
He seemed to deflate a little.
“You need to drive more careful” he tried to shout, but it was half-hearted.
“Yes, I will, thank you. It was my mistake”
He looked kind of embarrassed now. “Okay then” was all he could muster.
This wasn’t going the way he planned.
And now we were two cars plugging up the parking lot exit.
“Why don’t y’all go ahead and go first here” I said.
“Thank you” he said, and they pulled out, hopefully never to be seen again.


No comments: