Thursday, March 26, 2020

CORONAVIRUS AND 12 STEP GROUPS

Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous Groups have had to suspend in person meetings all around the world. But spreading like wildfire are online meetings through video conferencing apps like ZOOM. I've peered into several the last two days, and virtual attendance at my home group is high. 
Addicts are natural isolator's. We like to say that "an addict alone is an addict in poor company" and one of the many truths we have found is that the most powerful weapon for a recovering addict is another recovering addict.

Here, Ronnie Woods shares his experience strength and hope with the Rolling Stone magazine. Ronnie has 10 plus years clean and sober.
“I will share my hope for the future with myself, my higher power, and my friends. I will also share this with someone who has lost hope. Now, if anything, we have tended to be people who have wanted it all now. To hope is not to demand. Maybe we were a bit demanding. Maybe we were a bit impatient. Maybe that’s why we had such little hope. Hope is believing good will come, even in bad times; hope is knowing that ‘this too shall pass.’ Hope is knowing that no matter how afraid we are, our higher power will be with us. Hope is knowing we never have to be alone again. It is knowing that time is on our side. Hope is giving up control. Hope is knowing we never had control in the first place. I hope this helps you get through another day.”

No comments: