Friday, November 06, 2009

WHAT WEIGHS MORE: A POUND OF GOLD OR A POUND OF FEATHERS?...

One of my NA Facebook pals asked me what I thought was the "measure of a man"....


I'm not too good at straight answers.

I'm still in a Scarecrow mode, so I'll answer with an anecdote from "The Wizard of Oz" that puzzles me from time to time...
"When it came time to give the Tin Man his heart, the wizard says:"The size of a heart is not measured by how much it loves, but by how much it is loved by others""
On a lighter note, I have attached a picture of Roy Rogers... without Roy.

I LOVE ROY ROGERS

By the way its the feathers that weigh more.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I'll bet you were glued to the TV for every RR episode.

Kellyann Brown said...

Happy Roy Rogers' birthday

bulletholes said...

Hey Kelly! Thats right!

Kim said...

What I love is the sincere and wistful tone when the tinman tells Dorothy that the woodman forgot to give him a heart