Wednesday, September 30, 2015

THE PLANNED PARENTHOOD WARS

Representative Chaffetz, put up a chart that purported to show Planned Parenthood's breast cancer screenings going down over time as the number of its abortions spiked.
Cecelia Richards, Planned Parenthood director, said the chart did not truly reflect what was going on at Planned Parenthood.
"You're going to deny?" Chaffetz incredulously replied.
“I deny them because I’ve never seen them” said Richards.
“I pulled them from your corporate reports” says Chaffetz
"Oh," Richards said, appearing deflated.
Then staff behind Richards leaned over to whisper into her ear. She interrupted Chaffetz.
"Excuse me, my lawyer is informing me that the source of this is actually Americans United for Life, which is an anti-abortion group," she said. "So, I would check your source."
It was Chaffetz's turn to appear deflated. "Then we will get to the bottom of the truth of that," he said.


Yeah right. 

I should point out that while the honest chart shows 1,000,000 cancer screenings vs. 327,000 abortions for 2013, those are not the only services Planned Parenthood provides. Besides cancer screenings and abortions, there are another 7,000,000 visits to their centers each year, providing services ranging from Birth Control to control of STD's.
To his credit Chaffetz did admit today that his chart was "misleading". But then he had to spoil it all by saying he isn't raising hell about abortions, its all about the money.
Its all about 500 million dollars, says Chaffetz, that the taxpayers fund Planned Parenthood with.
Yeah, right.


Around here, in the US of A, you cant even blow your nose on 500 Million.
That's about what they pay for Big Bird too. There has to be some better ways to save some money besides sticking it to Womens Health and Big Bird.

I didnt know that Cecelia Richards is the daughter of  firebrand Ann Richards, feisty former Governor of Texas. She held up pretty good against some intense questioning.
I usually stay out of the abortion debate. I don't have a vagina or womb. Or breasts.  If the Supreme Court were to rescind Roe vs. Wade, I would go along with that simply out of my respect for the Court.


No comments: