Sunday, May 22, 2016

HOT WHEELS

Mike was my first friend in the sixth grade when I moved down here from Detroit.
I remember standing with him outside Shady Oaks Elementary, talking to this girl named Marsha. I don’t know what Mike said to her, but she took of running.
Well, my natural instinct was to take off and run after her, which I did.
Since she was in a miniskirt, she couldn’t run very fast, so it didn’t take long for me to catch up with her.
Once I caught up with her, my natural instincts took over again and for lack of knowing what else to do, I tackled her.
We both got up, looked at each other, and she started to running again.
Well, I guess my natural instincts weren’t as strong now that I'd tackled her once, and I could hear Mike hollerin’ at me, so I let her go.
When I got back to Mike, he was cracking up.
“Whats so funny?” I asked.
“You tackled her!” Mike says.
“Sure I did” I said.
“Well, don’t tackle girls. Especially, don’t tackle girls in dresses” Mike says, still laughing his ass off.
“Why not ?” I asked.
“Hahahaha! Do you really have to ask?” Mike says.
I thought about it a second. Then it dawned on me.
“Oh, yeah!” I said, and we went to Mike’s house to play Hot Wheels.

No comments: