Monday, April 23, 2012

DIE BIG

For all the words on this blog I’ve written about Lily, I can’t believe I didn’t post this update a few years ago. Jan Martijn over at UF Mikes reminded me of it, and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t posted it before.
This was the last time I tried to hustle Lily, if thats what you want to call it, back about the 4th July, 2008.

"Lily, why don’t we go watch the fireworks at the Boys Ranch tonight. Its the fourth of July"
"Aw, you're so sweet, but it looks like it’s going to rain."
"Well, then maybe we can just go to dinner somewhere"
"I can't eat. I'm too fat!"
"I don't think so Lily, but then maybe we can go to a movie?"
"Aw, I would, but I'm tired of being indoors."
“Lily, you know I have friends that sometimes we meet in person, and do stuff, and it’s fun”
“I don’t want to give you the wrong idea.”
“But Lily, you called me!”

I used to would get a call from Lily about twice a year, and she always had some kind of disaster going, and a story that didn’t quite add up. But anytime I suggested we actually get together, the way friends sometimes do, was met with cock-blocking of magnificent proportions, as exemplified above.

Over on Facebook, she comes around every now and then and leaves nostalgic comments about what good friends we used to be, and seems to want to publicly demonstrate how close we are, or were, once upon a time.
I think she misses me.

No comments: