Monday, December 04, 2006

DREAMS 101

Aubree’;

Dreamed of you last night. You were in the backyard of our old house. It was raining. You were transplanting flowers from one part of the yard to the other and every time you did, there would be like 3 times as many as when you started. You were so delighted. But it kept raining harder and I would go to the door and ask you when you were going to come in.

“In a little while Daddy” you would say.

And I would watch you move some more flowers and the flower2 would multiply and I would ask again for you to come in.

“Just a few more minutes Daddy”

And the rain was falling harder but the whole yard was covered with flowers now. And you were just delighted with what you had done. I went back to the door and stepped into the rain. I had a blanket wrapped around me.

“Aubree’, it all looks so beautiful! Won’t you please come in and get dry and rest with me a while.”

I opened up the Blanket and you and I, wrapped in the blanket, went inside to get dry and to rest.

There were a lot more flowers now than when you started.

There was just one of you.

This was my dream.

Daddy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,

Your grandmother so adored you and Jenny. Had you all been closer and had their health been better, she would have been so ecstatic, as we all could have seen you, Jenny, Don and Becky more.

There is so much of your grandmother in Aubree’ and Jenny. But Aubree’ at times has almost seemed to be her reincarnation, if you believe in that. I don’t, but when Aubree’ was little there were times when Shila and I would look at each other in disbelief. Mom was forever pushing me hair off my face and telling me “Get your hair off of your face, honey.” Earrings were “ear screws.” One morning when I was holding Aubree’ (she must have been 3 or 4 years old) her legs were wrapped around my waist and I was holding her up by her back side, leaving her hands free. Aubree’ began pushing my hair off of my face, and said “Get your hair off your face.” Shila and I looked at each other, and then Aubree said something about my “ear screws.”

Both Aubree’ and Jenny have her gift of pure sweetness. Aubree’ and I inherited her extreme feminity. Friday night, I had a couple of friends tell me, “Lisa, you are the girliest girl I know.” I always think of my mother when I hear that. I also remember what she told me about how to behave in difficult situations. She said “no matter what anybody else says or does, you should always behave like a lady.” Wise words that have guided my steps. When and if you have a daughter, Dave, get ready. I think it’s just part of our DNA.

I am so happy to hear that I will get to see you, your wife and Don’s name sake after Christmas.

Love,

Your Aunt Lisa

bulletholes said...

Allow me to introduce my little sister, Lisa

Barbara said...

Dreams are powerful. Do you have any idea why you dreamed this one?

goatman said...

I am glad that you can relish in family. Many happy dreams.

Old Lady said...

That was a nice Daddy dream.

Mother of Invention said...

Such a warm and fuzzy feeling emanates from you towards your special close family.

bulletholes said...

bARBARA...MY DREAMS ARE PRETTY OBVIOUS MOST OF THE TIME.. TO PUT THIS IN CONTEXT IT OCCURRED 3 WEEKS BEFORE AUBREE' MOVED IN WITH ME.

Anonymous said...

oh to be so loved by your daddy......it was partly why i fell in love with my husband and married him.......he was such a great dad to my step-daughter.....and I have never been disappointed........all of our children adore him!

rdg