Tuesday, August 30, 2016

PLENTY OF FISH DATING: ONE NIGHT AT A TIME

She sent me a message this morning:
"Oh no, I fell asleep in my recliner again.I need to sell this thing."
I replied:
"I’m a chronic couch sleeper. Actually, a reformed chronic couch sleeper, I should give myself some credit. I bet I slept on the couch for 15 years after my divorce. Its amazing; one has to train themselves to sleep in a bed again after that many years on a couch. It was hard, but I did it! One night at a time. I’ve been sleeping in a bed for about five years now. They should make a chip or key tag for that, like they do at Alcoholics Anonymous
But here’s the thing.
I don’t do it right.
I sleep with my head at the foot of the bed, or sometimes sideways, with my feet hanging off the edge. Once in a blue moon will I find myself having slept in my bed correctly, with my head and feet where they are supposed to be.
I cant say for sure how that happens.
So, knowing this, are you sure you still want to meet for coffee?"

3 comments:

Lily said...

Still a real pleasure to drop by and share your thoughts. Thanks for the smiles x

bulletholes said...

Hi lily! long time no see. Hope you are well. i'm still plugging along here!

Lily said...

Long may you plug away. Every now and then I think about blogging again but that's as far as I get. One day......