Wednesday, August 24, 2016

THERE IS A STAR BY MY NAME IN THE BOOK OF LIARS

Live with total integrity. Be transparent, honest, and authentic. Do not ever waiver from this; white lies and false smiles quickly snowball into a life lived out of alignment. It is better to be yourself and risk having people not like you than to suffer the stress and tension that comes from pretending to be someone you’re not, or professing to like something that you don’t. I promise you: Pretending will rob you of joy.
~ Christine Carter, Ph.D. 

And this, which explains the health effects of telling lies.

"Lying, even if we do it a lot, or think we are good at it, is very stressful to our brains and our bodies. The polygraph test depends on this: “Lie Detectors” don’t actually detect lies, but rather they detect the subconscious stress and fear that lying causes. These tests sense changes in our skin electricity, pulse rate, and breathing. They also detect when someone’s vocal pitch has changed in a nearly imperceptible way, a consequence of tension in the body that tightens vocal chords."

The results of lies? Impaired relationships.
A friend kept telling me this year:
"Maturity is saying the right thing at the right time for the right reasons"
It ended up being rationale for telling a lot of lies.
I haven't seen my friend in a long long time.

Twenty years ago I ruined a perfectly good marriage with lies and cheating and dope. Fell deep into an 11 year addiction. Finally got clean and got honest with myself and the world. I got square with old friends, and the people around me. Its a wonderful feeling, being square.



Down at my NA Group my Grandsponsor says:
"The Truth and Spiritual Principles are never in conflict"
What does that mean?
Tell the fucking truth. 
Especially when its hard. You'll feel better being square with the Universe, and the people around you will be able to make decisions based on reality.
I would know.
There is a star in the book of liars by my name.

No comments: