Friday, January 19, 2007

IF I TRY TO INSULT YOU ITS A SURE SIGN I LIKE YOU

I keep getting sucked into watching the show that comes on after the evening news. It is called Entertainment Tonight. I do not like this show. So, why do I watch it? Is it the great Movie Reviews that suck me in? Is it the fascinating stories about H-H-Hollywood? Is it because I just can't get enough information about "Greys Anatomy" and the "Housewives" on "Nightline"?
No its none of that.
It is that lady that looks like she is eating an ear of corn as she talks. I have been trying to figure out if there is something wrong with her mouth or if there is a Scientific explanation...
I think maybe the problem is that her lips are sticking to her gums...
Otherwise, she is very pretty and hasn't seemed to age in years.

I found myself making a rude comment yesterday and this is rude as well so maybe now I have it all out of my system for a while. If you are going to joke someone besides yourself, it had better be pretty funny. Oftentimes , I come up short.

I also find myself getting way pissed off at the News people and the Weatherman in particular. He drives me bananas, but I would not miss him for all the world. I even bypass looking at all the fine Lady Weathermen just to hear this Winchell give his dipshit, overmedicated report, while I grumble all the way through it. I'm not even that interested in his report. after 50 years of living, I can look out the window and tell you what its like and generally how its gonna be for the next several days... all us Eagle Scouts can do that.
My grandfather did this while we watched Big Time Wrestling in the 60's. The announcer would say 'Haystacks has got 'im on the ropes" and Grampa would say "No he doesn't" and the announcer would say "Valentine has slammed Wahoo's head into the turnbuckle" and Grampa would say "You don't mean it". Wahoo was my favorite.
My very perceptive daughter, "Water Baby" points out that this attitude and behavior is a dead giveaway that I am turning into a "Grumpy Old Man". She and I follow 'Greys Anatomy", though it tends to wear me out after about 3 weeks and must take a break...
Truly, I am in the beginning stages. I turn 50 this year, and that may not be "over" but is at least "on" the hill.
David indicates that we all should be watching "24", a show I have avoided so far for no apparent reason other than it seemed a bit "faddish". I did the same thing with "Batman' when I was a kid and REALLY MISSED OUT. On his recommendation I will give "24" a shot.

I would like to thank the very astute, (not to be confused with "hirstute" which she is definitely not) annelisa for her detailed instructions on how to do a link. She is very pretty from the inside to the out as well, and writes great poetry. I can see myself becoming a linking monster.

10 comments:

Annelisa said...

lol! Now I see what you mean about creating a monster! :-D Still, your post's looking good, and it's kinda nice not to have to cut and paste the links into the search bar anymore.

Funny, I actually looked up the word "hirstute" (getting the 'word not found' result back) before realising you meant hirsute :-D (silly me!)

I don't think you're being a 'grumpy old man' (well, not much anyway :-)) just because your tastes have become more discriminating as you've gained life experiences... after all, you learnt that Batman wasn't just a fad, so there's hope for you yet!! :-)

bulletholes said...

Mi engleesh, shes' notzo gud...
and my typing really sucks.

Barbara said...

I was wondering when you would learn to link. But given my lack of techiness, I decided to let you link on your own schedule. I am still so bad at it in comments that I have to go back to the original message about the html format every time.

Glad to see I'm not the only 24 holdout!

bulletholes said...

24 is an amazing TV show, me and my mother have been really into it the past couple of years. I'm not watching it this year, it takes up too much of my time, my mom, on the other hand, is completely obsessed with it.

I find his 'weather man antics' a bit... much. He insists on ragging on the poor weather man every night. I breath a sigh of relief when Tim Duncan comes on. Or maybe it's Troy Dungan... I can never remember.... Either way, I find it annoying and a complete waste of energy.

Mother of Invention said...

I think you will likely get into 24! What do you mean you didn't watch Batman?!! I can hardly believe that! What about Hogan's Heroes? Zorro? Get Smart?

(Maybe some day I'll learn to link! Or at least follow the instructions!)

Old Lady said...

Ah 50 ain't so bad! Just turn your feet in for a new pair. I grumble at our local TV stations General Manager who gives extreme right wing editorials every other day! One must talk to the TV when it says something stoopid.

Mother of Invention said...

Congrats on the Link thing! I can never follow instructions but Annelisa inspired me to try at least to do the link inside a post! You're in my first one about fun dressing up I'll post tomorrow.

GrizzBabe said...

Pretty soon, Steve, you are going to become old hat and start teaching the newbies!

Annelisa said...

Are the weathermen really bad over there? Here, they pretty much just smile and tell you the weather... :-D

Big congrats on the links! Job well done!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well I see you've finally managed the links on the course (though some part of me believes you were just holding out.....!)

Insults, really, are a matter of opinion.......and depends upon the thickness of one's skin........personally I take great pleasure in being insulted by you!