Tuesday, April 05, 2011

THE TENTH STEP (cont.)

Oh lord yes, this Tenth Step is such a pain in the butt, filling out this whole long list, not so much because I have some hard thing to put on my personal inventory, but because yesterday was a quiet, sheepish, lazy day, where I tried to recover from my softball injury (I had taken a hot shot to the shoulder) and did a physical inventory of the Stockroom at work (without incident or complaint, mind you) and then went to dinner at the Fortune Star Buffet, where I got the really scary looking Waitress, the one that looks so Communist with her hair up and Red Uniform with sandals, and that wry smile that is not a smile, but a smirk as if she knows I am not a member of the Party but a Capitalist pig, a fork-using member of the Capitalist Pig Party, but she is depending on my wallet tonight to make her living while the MUZAK plays 'Flower Drum Song". I keep imagining four big Chinese Henchmen to come out from behind the beaded curtain beyond which lay the kitchen, for the purpose of torturing me in some Oriental fashion, but instead its just her nephew, a smiling buck-toothed black eyed little guy named Ed, bringing Hot Tea for the couple next to me. They know how to use their Chopsticks, and I have to wonder if they might be Comrades to the Waitress, but finish my dinner quickly, pay my bill without incident and drive back home to settle in to watch and record Part Two of "Ken Burns 'The Civil War".
I didn't have a blank tape, so I taped over "Amistad". I guess that was the worst thing I did all day, right there.

But I got my list all filled out. Thats fifteen days in a row now.

3 comments:

AnitaNH said...

15 days, you're halfway there! I'm watching the one about Mark Twain again tonight. I thought it was a Netflix but it turned out to be a library copy - now regretfully overdue - but I will enjoy it one more time before turning it in.

bulletholes said...

Netflix. I had the same Netflix movie here for 16 months. how stupiid is that. Hi nita!

Kim, my sponsor told me i didn't have to do all thirty days. I said "Thats what the assignment was, thats what I'm a hella gonna do, even if it kills me"
Best line in the civil War? Anything said by that guy Shelby Foote. r maybe chamberlains description of the northern lights at fredericksburg. I blogged that a few years ago.

Kim said...

northern lights at fredericksburg. I missed that part but seeing the northern lights is surely on my list.