Monday, May 18, 2009

BEING CLEAN

“When I came to this group I knew that finding a “Higher Power” would be part of the program.
I wondered how you guys would sell this to me, an unbeliever.
Because to me, God, even one of my own understanding, is a slippery thing, hard to grasp and harder to hold. Like soap in the shower, where you try to hold it but it slips from your hands. It slides around the bottom of the shower, you pick it up, and no matter how hard you squeeze, it slips out again for you to retrieve.
I do not yet have a grasp on this God, but I have found that the more I chase the soap around, the cleaner I seem to get.”

BULLETHOLES

6 comments:

red dirt girl said...

i think the journey is in the chase. not in the grabbin'

xxx
rdm

Waterbaby said...

Sometimes you have to be gentle with the soap. Love the soap*God* and it will stay in your hand*heart*

Barbara said...

Getting clean is what's important. God will come in his/her own time!

GrizzBabe said...

Can I cross stitch that on a pillow?

Lily said...

Soap makes me itch. I know millions of people love soap of all varieties, but its not for me. I manage very well with milder cleansers, they do the same job but without the pain.

leslie said...

Cleanliness is next to godliness.