Friday, March 30, 2007

I AM; THEREFORE I WILL THINK

Now my charms are all o'erthrown,
And what strength I have's mine own,
Which is most faint: now, 'tis true,
I must be here confined by you,

Gentle breath of yours my sails
Must fill, or else my project fails,
Which was to please.

w.shakespeare

Damn, he was good...

There is a Blog that makes me think...
The first blog I ever looked at came while googling "Stranger in a Strange Land". It was called "Everyday stranger" and very well written with MANY comments every day. But over time the good writing wore me out I guess and though I had resisted the urge to roam from there, in the little roaming I did I stumbled on to Grizzbabe. Something about her written word speaks to me. She reminds me of Erma Bmbeck, some of her posts do, but I just got the feeling that she was a bit of a friend. maybe it was her easy manner, or ladylike fear of her attic and all things mechanical and her 1000 Baking Recipes...I don't know and it doesn't exactly matter.
We like who we like.
Anyway, all of ya'll that I have become aquainted with over the last 7 months are directly related to Miss Grizz...and like the Grizz, you seem as a friend to me. It is because of this feeling, either real imagined, that I have come to know ya'll as friends.
With the exception of my nephew Dave and our neighborhhood Quack, Rod.

All of ya'll make me think.
I think a lot about cha'.
I started this blog to try to improve writing and typing skills of which i had none. i have advanced from the Two Finger Seek Attack Desroy (T/F SAD) to a very jazzy freestyle "Head Hands and Feet" Keyboard Massacre.
I would like to thank all of you (ya'll) for bearing with me and giving me good reasons to continue this exercise, even to the point it is no longer an excercise but a staple, and beg your communal pardon for some of the things I have written. There is nothing that makes me think any harder than trying to decide what to type about today, and how to say it to you.

Your effect on me has been very positive

5 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

Awww, shucks! You're making me blush.

When I read your posts, I marvel at how much your writing has improved in such a short period of time and your stories are so enchanting.

By the way, I am honored that you consider me a friend as I do you. Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya now.

bulletholes said...

grizz, some of the emails I sent you and early posts I did I spent hours trying to type and compose. I never spend more than 30 minutes lately, though I think some of the content suffers because of that.
O lord....
Who you got for the Finals?
I'm going with Florida...

Old Lady said...

Grizz was my first too!

GrizzBabe said...

I'm going with Florida too since Ohio State knocked my boys out of the Elite 8.

Mother of Invention said...

Thanks, Steve. Glad to be a part of, "Y'all"! It is different than any other relationship isn't it...this blogging thing? But I think it is special and gives us insight into others' lives and perspectives and then rounds out our view of the world nd the people in it.

Grizz: Hail, Kumbaya! Thee's such a big circle of us!