Friday, March 09, 2007

GET AN AFTERLIFE ( from david)

Allow me to direct you once again to David.
I love Davids topics and the way he presents them.
You may rember David from his posted poem "A Man Doesn't HaveTime" that I was delighted to reference last month.
I also love to read the comments from his regulars.
The remainder of my post today, complete with anecdote is my comment there.
I do love this prayer...I used it at the beginning of the 6 part story of my father...


"Oh Father! - chiefly known to me by thy rod- mortal or immortal be; here I die.I have striven to be thine, more than this worlds or my own.
Yet this is nothing;
I leave eternity to thee;
for what is Man that he should live out the lifetime of his God?"

Father Marple from Moby Dick

Now go...go..go see Davids post!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi cowboy,

I loved your comment over at David's and especially appreciate all the differing viewpoints. It is though we are all on the same hike, but see different details, experience differing views around us....

And the phosphorescent camp lite....LOL......boy, will I ever be able to live THAT one down???? geesh. And I love that poem....I mean I think it is one of my best ever........and to think it got hung on a simple camp lite.....

rdkitty

Anonymous said...

"I leave eternity to thee" - I like that. Thanks.

Barbara said...

This has given us a lot to talk about at dinnertime...

bulletholes said...

barbara, I hope thats a good thing!
David-i like the whole thing... but the part that he slips in there sideways is "...chiefly known to me by thy Rod..."i like that A LOT!
the prayer comes at the end of the Chapter titled http://www.princeton.edu/~batke/moby/moby_009.html>The Sermon about Jonah and the Whale.

bulletholes said...

Sorry Kitty, I am having trouble on this darn laptop... when I try to type "Cat" I make 4 errors twice over so you can forget about the link I just tried to do... I was pleased to see you had beat me to Davids...ans seeing you there brought out my camplite story...for what it is worth!

Old Lady said...

Hmmm. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Mother of Invention said...

Neat to see many blogger friends at one site, sharing various opinions. I don't think anyone views God in exactly the same way...I used to picture him as Robin Hood and looking like Adam Cartright!

bulletholes said...

Mom I think you have the right outlook on God; Robin hood and Adam-i love that... only I think he would look more like Trapper John...oh, that works too!

Annelisa said...

You do love your Moby Dick, don't you! :-)

It was a good comment... fraid I'll have to leave the visit there until another time though....